june 2014 - december 2015

june 2014 - december 2015

November 26, 2014

Never a Dull Moment (Week 24)

"y habeís de dar gracias a Dios en el Espíritu por cualquier bendición con que seaís bendecidos" DyC 46:32

and ye must give thanks unto God in the spirit for whatsoever blessing ye are blessed with" DC 46:32

What a week!  I honestly can't remember all that has happened haha every day is crazy jammed pack with so many adventures, moments of laughter, stress, spiritual highs, and new friends.  My body is so exhausted.  Hermana Mendoza tells me that I sleep talk at night in spanish....contacting people hahah!  she says that in my dreams I repeat "buenas tardes, somos misioneras de la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias..." hahaha my brain is on auto-mode.... Well this past week was very warm...but apparently this week is going to be suuuuper cold... I never know what to wear in the morning because the weather changes every single day.  So I am casually that blonde girl walking around with rain boots, a summer blouse, and holding a scarf and two jackets.  So this week is transfer week....but I am staying here in Sada Vidrio!!!  I was super nervous I was going to get transferred, but I am sooo happy to know that I am going to be staying here in my area for Christmas!! I love love this area so much.....also another mini announcement is that the end of my mission is in exactly 1 year!  There are no transfers in December, so I will be going home this time of year next year....these past 6 months really have gone by so fast and I know that time will just keep going by faster and faster.  


So I haven't really talked about my housing situation in my letters, but I have quite a story to share haha.  So as some of you know....I have been living above a food store these past 4 1/2 months, with daily supply of diet coke, cereal, and every snack imaginable.  Our living situation has been the center of many missionary jokes because we literally live right above a food store hahaha in a very insecure area.... (don't worry mom....it's made for some good adventuresome stories :) )  sooooo we have been meaning to change houses all summer but couldn't find one with the requirements the mission has.  This week we were told we HAD to find a new rentable house, or the elders were going to switch houses with us and the area!  I really did not want to change areas!  So many prayers were offered this week hahah and friday the elders found a new house.  So on Saturday we moved EVERYTHING out of our house into the elder's house, and the elders moved into a new house.  It was quite the experience -we had to move the beds, suitcases, fridge, tables, everything down our tiny skinny stair case.  A member was taking pictures of us and now the whole ward has seen these pictures on facebook hahahah we are crazy!

The first load! haha so much stuff to move!
Goodbye!

The couple who own the apartment we were living in/ owners of the store hahaha I'm going to miss these people!
Saturday we walked into our "new home".....where the elders were living....and it was FILTHY......this weekend hermana mendoza and I were just dying of laughter as we found some "hidden treasures"...thank you elders!  Oh man.... so this week we have been doing lots of cleaning and organizing.  My back is so sore!  and we don't have beds...so it has been fun sleeping on a mattress on the floor #mishlife
  Talking to our district leader on the phone, eating tacos on our mattress because we didn't have a table or chair set up #lifeisgood

well we have a super wonderful family we are teaching!  La Familia Hernandez....a mom/dad and 3 kids....they have gone to church twice!  The dad is always working so we havn't met with him much, but Carmen, the mom, has such a strong testimony already.  She prayed to ask if she should be baptized, and she prayed wanting to have her question answered with a dream. and she dreamed about Hermana Mendoza and I visiting her and images of Jesus Christ being baptized!!!! If this isn't a direct answer to a prayer......I don't know what is!  so we are very excited and hope that they continue to progress!  What is special about this family too is that right before we contacted Carmen in the market about 3 weeks ago, hermana mendoza and I said a prayer, asking to find a family of 5.....and they are a family of 5 and she literally is an answer to our prayer!!! So I really do believe that Heavenly Father has led us to this family.

Well, I am doing great, and it's weird not celebrating Thanksgiving here!  I am so grateful for all of these experiences I am having, and although it is so tough every day, it's so awesome at the same time.  also, This afternoon a woman in our ward is driving me to a shoe store to go buy some boots....literally the ONLY store here that has my shoe size!!!! an 8 1/2 shoe size is gigantic to these people... who all wear sizes 4 and 5!
Thank you for all your emails, packages, letters, and thoughts!

"we do not preach and teach in order to bring people into the church or to increase the membership of the church...we do not preach and teach just to pursuade people to live better lives.  We invite all to come unto Christ by repentance and baptism and confirmation in order to open the doors of the celestial kingdom to the sons and daughters of God.  No one else can do this" Elder Dallin H. Oaks


C O N  A M O R
hermana riches


Print Friendly and PDF

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS