june 2014 - december 2015

june 2014 - december 2015

March 11, 2015

Week 39: THE BIG 9



OHHH WE"RE HALFWAY THERE.  Ladies and Gents, Hermana Riches has officially reached the top of the hill and will begin her 9 month journey back to her lovely fam and San Fran.  It's hard to grasp that my mission is halfway over...I have learned an overwhelmingly amount of things and still have oh so much to comprehend.  It makes me want to work even that much harder because I know this time will fly and I don't want to have any regrets or time wasted.  I'm grateful for all that I have experienced these 9 months because I have adapted qualities that have made me a better person and I know SIN DUDA....without a doubt....that this church, this gospel is true, and that God and Jesus Christ live.  Nevertheless, do not worry folks- my personality has not changed, and I am grateful for that because I am still the same old Lindsay Riches :)


                              Us with a family in our ward and the Elders

One powerful lesson I have learned this week:  The Book of Mormon has an unexplainable power to mend our heartaches and answer questions of the soul. This week we talked to a man (50 years old) seated out front of his vegetable stand, and he began to tell us about his drug and alcohol addictions he had about 10 years ago.  He mentioned that during this period of his life, he felt the desperate need to pray to God for Strength and Forgiveness, and when he prayed he felt an overwhleming sense of love come over him.  At this moment, I felt inspired to share with him the story of the prophet Enos, in the Book of Mormon, about this prophet's experience recieving forgiveness for his sins:

And I will tell you of the wrestly which I had  before God, before I recieved the remission of my sins...and my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my maker, and I cried unto Him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul...and there came a voice unto me, saying:  Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed...and I said:  Lord, how is it done?  and he said unto me:  Because of thy faith in Chirst" Enos 1:1-8

After reading these exerpts, Ricardo with big eyes said excitedly:  "¡¡¡Lo mismo me pasó a mí!!!" "That Same thing happened to me!!" He wanted to know more about El Libro de Mormón, and we told hinm that He could find many more relateable stories and a source of guidance in this book.  He accepted a baptismal date, and we will see how he progresses.

Yo sé que El Libro de Mormón fue escrito para nuestros tiempos, al darnos la esperanza en nuestro Salvador Jesucristo y para encontrar la paz durante nuestras aflicciones y debilidades.  sé que Jesucristo es misericordioso,  y que realmente tiene el poder de quitar las cargas y los errores en nuestras vidas, si pedimos con fe y verdadera intención.

I know that the Book of Mormon was written for our times, to give us hope in our Savior Jesus Christ and to find peace during our afflictions and weaknesses.  I know that Jesus Christ is merciful, and that he truly has the power to take away the burdens and mistakes in our lives, if we ask with faith and real intentions.
 
          Dana...a sweet girl in my ward

This week was seriously so great as we have found new families who want to listen to us.  The clouds have parted and I can see light here in Miguel Aleman haha!  We have a great number with baptismal dates, and I know that Hermana Flores and I will see miracles here in Miguel Aleman.  We are currently teaching 2 less active families, and their sons (9 years and 11 years old) want to get baptized, so we are reactivating these families as well as preparing these boys for baptism.  It's interesting teaching them because we have been having to teach the gospel in very clear, easy, simple terms, and we have had to think of creative games and activities to do with them so they can understand haha!  
one of the boys...Sedrick
Last night I was writing in my journal and I thought of this phrase that perfectly explains how a missionary feels:

The progress and happiness of those around you is directly relateable to your own personal progress and own personal happiness as a missionary.
                                 us with our investigadora, Rosy

C O N  A M O R
hermana riches



Print Friendly and PDF

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS