june 2014 - december 2015

june 2014 - december 2015

July 09, 2015

Week 56: God Bless America


what a full crazy week-- i'm dead exhausted!  It ended with a 4th of july fiesta that Estefania organized for us-- mom your decorations and patriotic outfit was perfect ;)  I definately repped America the Beautiful-- my ward/ area is even named Ämerica" So everything worked out haha.  It's a bit sad being away from home during these holidays....but Estefania made us feel right at home with the coolest cake i've ever seen!
We went all out
Ill give you all a day to day run down of this past week's events.  Tuesday I got to go work in MIGUEL ALEMAN for an intercambio with Hna Romero-- so great to be back on my old stomping grounds and to see the fabulous progression of my converts and other members there.  I also love seeing my former companion hna Flores <3 I really do miss Miguel Aleman but I know that all these changes happen for a reason....I am loving the area that I am in!

Wednesday-- we had a little painting party in our house!  The dueño/owner wanted to repaint the walls so Elder Aguila, Elder Cook, and Estefania helped us haha it was a lot of fun!  We were all just chatting about the future-- giong back to college, our study plans, and everyday i just get more and more excited to go and continue with these friendships I have made here in the mish, as the majority of us will be studying in utah together!  And of course I am just as excited to reunite with all of my dear amigos i left behind <3  5 months!!!!

Thursday-- consejo de liderazgo!  Leadership council all day long with zone leaders, presidente, hna bird, and hnas lideres.  I love these councils because each month we discuss the prgoress of the mission and set goals.  Hna Espinosa and I had to capacitate in front of all these leaders for half an hour......this is what happens when you are in the same ward as the Assistants to Pres Bird hahaha, but it went well!  Of course we had to have  our cute little handouts with the theme topic and everything-- Pres Bird chuckled and made it clear to all the elders that they should follow our example and also give out cute little handouts haha.  We all ate Hna Bird's lasagna and Brownies with ice cream at the end......i felt very much at home.  It was also Pres Bird's birthday so we all signed a basketball for him, because he is obsessed with the sport, and they brought in a cake for him and some elders shoved his face into the cake!  It is a mexican bday tradition here-- luckily Pres Bird loves to joke around so he wasn't mad haha!  

Friday I went to the immigration offices in Monterrey to renew my visa!  It was fun reuniting with a few of the missionjaries that arrived with me a year ago and to go on a little "field trip" and see new scenery.


Saturday we had a mini zone conference with Pres Bird, and Jorge and Yaretzi also had their baptismal interviews!!  it all went perfectly, and we felt the need to congratulate them with blue stars haha.  They are set for baptism July 19.  Jorge and Yaretzi really are so great-- yesterday Jorge even fasted with us and got up to bear his testimony in front of all the ward members....expressing the changes and blessings he has seen in his life through accepting this gospel.  He said he knows this church is true, and El Libro de Mormon has been the key to everything.  Here in the mission I have developed a love and apprecition for this book in my life, because it truly changes people and testifies of our Savior Jesus Christ

I'm doing great!  My comp Hna Espinosa seriously is so funny and awesome and we are a great team.  I have had 5 great comps so far, and I am able to learn so many things.  The mission is hands down the best decision I have ever made-- I have learned more than i could have imagined, and my eyes truly are being opened to so many aspects about life and this gospel that I know is true.  I will never deny the miracles I have seen here, in other people and in myself.  

***Currently dying of heat in this super small public computer place****

Until Next Monday!  

C O N  A M O R
hermana riches


Print Friendly and PDF

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS