june 2014 - december 2015

june 2014 - december 2015

October 30, 2014

Lack of Orange and Black....PS: Go Giants!!! (Week 20)


What can I say....there is a serious lack of orange and black here in monterrey!!! no halloween....and no SF GIANTS PRIDE WOOOHOOOO GO GIANTS WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!  It's such a weird feeling not knowing anything that is going on at home hahaha thanks dad!  Big thank yous to Chloe Bray, Karin Fuller, The Bray Family, Kathy Riches, Katie Barrus, and mom for your wonderful mail!!  Muchísimas gracias for your support.  We went to the temple this morning and it was great!  I'm about 25 minutes from the temple- and the temple is right in the middle of the big city with beautiful giant rolling hills in the back.  Here are some photos from this morning:
The missionaries in my zone!!

 the world really is so small...Elder Cook to my right was at the same BYU camp as me 4 years ago haha!!

So every tuesday we have a district meeting (my district consists of 8 missionaries) and then about 4 districts make up a zone (a zone is made up of the missionaries who are in the areas closest to mine)  In our district we have a new elder from Utah and it brings back sooo many memories of my first few weeks here not understanding anything... hahah.  Watching him during our meetings makes me really realize that I have grown so much here and that it truly is amazing how fast I have picked up the language!  But man I totally understand how this elder is feeling....you just wanna cry because you feel so helpless and overwhelmed haha but I keep telling this elder....I promise the language will come!!!  I know that every challenge that is given to us is to help us grow and progress.

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is increased"

LIfe is really good here with Hermana Mendoza in Sada Vidrio.  It's cool because she has a different accent than Hermana Batalla and uses different phrases, so my accent when I return home I'm sure will be a combination of various mexican accents hahaha.  She speaks zero english, so again it is great being with a companion that forces me to speak español.  Hermana Mendoza and I are pretty opposite, but our personalities compliment each other really well and it's great when teaching people.  Every person and place we come to know in this life is because Heavenly Father wants us to learn something new and to change for the better....so every area and companion I have I am always looking for characteristics that make me a better person.

This past sunday the elders in my ward had a baptism which was really great.  Here is a picture of the two elders in my ward-- the one on the left is from Utah and is new here in Sada Vidrio and Elder Melara from Mexico has been with me here in Sada Vidrio for about 4 months haha they are hilarious

This past saturday as a zone we held a car wash at the stake center haha it was pretty fun!!  We washed cars and took people on tours of the church building while they waited for their cars.  Hermana Mendoza and I stood on the corner next to a busy free way and waved around big signs hahaha we told every dirty taxi that drove past us to go to our car wash....the elders were kept very busy and grateful for our efforts... :).  The visitors really enjoyed the church tours, and everyone we talked to really felt the spirit so strongly inside....  THE CHURCH IS TRUE! haha



The food here has its ups and downs...I really do miss the food at home.  But the spicy salsas really are so good and the homemade tortillas, flautas, tamales....and at this time of year they have a bread called "pan de los muertos" for Día de Los Muertos which is this sunday, and it is this super good bread with sugar on top like a doughnut.  haha here is a pic of a man in our ward who is cooking THE best little steak tacos....dad you would be in heaven!

Well this past week was a bit of a struggle as our investigators are just always so busy and never in their homes.... and we don't have anyone that is really progressing.  sooo we are kind of in a bit of a slump at the moment.  the language isn't really an obstacle for me now....what is stressful now is trying to identify the person's needs...and teaching in a specific way for every person because every single person learns things differently!  We have lots of addresses of people to visit, but very few are in their homes when we come by!  it can be a bit depressing when you are in the streets from 11am- 9pmand have only taught 1 lesson for the day...but I know that eventually we will see the "fruits of our labors"\it also doesn't help when all your favorite songs are being played in the streets haha gah it really does make you feel homesick!  But I know that it is just Satan trying to distract me!  One day I was feeling really exhausted and frustrated, and I just said a prayer to help me...I opened the scriptures and was led to these verses:

"but if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage"mosiah 7:33

"pray always, that you may come off conqueror, yea that you may conquor satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of satan that do uphold his work" DC 10:5

the scriptures really do answer our prayers!!

Well...another super hot week here in Monterrey with random rain falls.    Thank you for all your love and support through emails, letters, and thoughts!

"y Jesús les habló otra vez, diciendo:  yo soy la luz del mundo; el que me sigue no andará en tinieblas, sino que tendrá la luz de la vida" Juan8:12

MORE PICS:
  activity in the stake center with some ward members
 our ward mission leader is a taxi driver so we all pile in his car to go places hahaha

C O N  A M O R
hermana riches


Print Friendly and PDF

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS