june 2014 - december 2015

june 2014 - december 2015

May 10, 2015

Week 47: MAY I say that time is flying by

  Gloria....set for baptism!
Yesterday we ate tamales filled with deer meat-- i pictured the deer prancing in our yard at home hahaha it actually tasted pretty good!  #sorryBambi

Well here we are one week down in Mayo!  Many experiences to report and so little time....first i wanna say to the fam:  THIS SUNDAY AT 4:45PM MY TIME I WILL BE ONLINE TO SKYPE!!!! just a bit excited.
My district 
"While sin inevitably leads us away from God, weakness, ironically, can lead us toward him"

I've been thinking a lot this week: El Evangelio cambia las vidas de las personas....this gospel changes people's lives.  I have witnessed depressed people find happiness, confused people find clarity, lonely people establish friendships, and powerful addictions be overcome.  At times, the ONLY motivation i have to keep going as a missionary is my love for these people and the surety in my heart that what i'm sharing is true, and to know that their salvation literally rests on my shoulders haha!  A few weeks ago we were knocking on a door, and a little boy came up to us and asked for a pass along card.  His dad followed behind and asked who we were, later mentioning to us his desire to follow christ and overcome an alcohol addiction that has effected his health and family relations.  The next day we visited Him, Nelson, His wife, Vero, and their two little boys.

Nelson and Vero are what we call "tomates rojos"....those prepared to recieve our message.  Nelson had a mormon friend growing up and always admired his standards, but overtime has lost contact with this friend.  Him and Vero have this strong desire to recieve an answer from God that our message is true.  Vero and her boys went to church with us this sunday and loved it-- felt much peace and happiness.  I brought my colored pencils for the boys to color with to keep them distracted slash quiet during church haha and as a result i now have destroyed scripture marking pencils!  But hey now I have masterpieces drawn by a 5 and 7 year old.  Nelson has been hesitant about going to church because he feels pressured to wear a "white shirt and tie"....they live by very humble means.  But we have explained over and over again that attire is not important.  On monday we brought with us a recent convert...Ignacio who got baptized in december...to bear his testimony of how this gospel has drastically changed his life.  He's 40 years old, and 8 months ago he was getting drunk every night, depressed, and questioned whether it was even worth living.  2 hermanas changed his life as he began to find purpose, love of God, and liberation from addiction and guilt.  As we continue to meet with Ignacio it amazes me how his life literally has turned 180 degrees, and now he is a perfect friend and inspiration for Nelson.  This week some men in the ward are getting Nelson involved with a church program to overcome addictions.  Although I have never had to dealt with an addiction, I know and have witnessed that God has the power to help anyone through this struggle.  I love this family with all my heart, and I know Vero and Nelson were placed in our path for a reason.  I can't wait to see how they progress.
  Humberto...set for baptism!

"But i do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren...now when i think of the success of these my brethren my soul is carried away, even to the separation of it from the body, as it were, so great is my joy  alma 29: 14 

Us 4 in my ward.... i love them
Today we went to el templo, and this sunday we get transfer calls!! I'm about to end my 2nd cambio with hna flores in miguel almena....these 12 weeks training her have been a blast--- i can't explain how much i love this girl and how many crazy experiences we have had hahaha i do NOT wanna get transferred!!!! so we shall see sunday.  
My zone


tomorrow night we have a church activity for mother's day, and now we are off to go make waffles, pancakes, and french toast with the zone....which i havn't had for basically a year!!!  I LOVE YOU FAM AND CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ON SUNDAY...and i will email on monday or tuesday depending if i get transferred or not!

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things  Corinthians 13:7

C O N  A M O R
hermana riches


Print Friendly and PDF

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS