june 2014 - december 2015

june 2014 - december 2015

June 19, 2015

Week 53: Blisters and Blessings

BUENAS TARDES! wow soooo much has happened these last 10 days my mind wants to just explode haha!  we got to go to the beautiful temple this morning, and it was the last time i am going to see lots of my friends here.  The majority go home next week! time is FLYING.
 Elder Cook, Elder Aguila and Elder Fry.....mis queridos amigos
Elder Gardner and the ladies

First big shout out to MAMARICHES for sending us the squirting fans-- big hit here in Monterrey.  All the kids in the street are amazed by them hahaha.  Also, my ward had an activity monday night and showed "Meet the Mormons// Conozca a Los Mormones" we had lots of members and investigadores watch it!! thank you thank you for sending me the disk mom!!!  This past sunday I got to give a talk on church on El Libro de Mormon-- was notified the saturday night before hahah-- but it went so well!  We had a mini zone conference and Hna Guillen and I had to capacitate / give instruction for an hour.....we have been so busy.  We also had more intercambios and I got to go teach with other hermanas in other areas-- so interesting to see the differences and meet new people and hear new stories.  I am learning so much.
 Cure for painful blisters:  a bucket of warm water and a diet coke
Well so much has been experienced these last couple days.  About 3 weeks ago, Hna Guillen and I started to pray asking heavenly father to help us understand / comprehend / apply the atonement of Jesus Christ more in our lives-- really trying to better understand this grand sacrifice he made for us and overcoming our difficulties knowing that he truly knows how we feel.  Well, this week we truly have seen God giving us answers to these prayers-- lots of pepole have been rejecting us, being super rude, and I have been super sick with an aching body, nausea, and giant blisters on the balls of my feet.  The days have been long and difficult-- my companion and I were talking and we thought it was super interesting that she has been experiencing lots of emotional pains and sadness and i have been enduring the physical pains.  Heavenly Father definitely is helping us to better understand the Atonement-- the rejection and cruelty Jesus recieved as he bled from every pore in the garden Getsemane and died on the cross, praying for every single person and paying for their sins, sicknesses, tempations, difficulties.  I know i will NEVER fully comprehend the grand extent of the Atonement, but as a representative of Jesus Christ i have had to take upon myself sickness, weakness, and rejection, a small fraction of what our Savior went through.
my territory

therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:  for when I am weak, then am I strong  2 Corinthians 12:10
Hermana Guillen playing doctor and taking care of me....also could by feet be any uglier???

Aside from me feeling sick-- I am feeling SO much better with my meds :) - SOOO many amazing things are happening in our area.  Jorge and his family continue to progress beautifully.  Jorge selected his own baptismal date in July, and last tuesday night he just started to cry because he is so excited to be baptized-- we taught him abut the word of wisdom, how we don't drink, smoke, and he doesn't have ANY issues :)  I literally gave him a high 5 and a fist bump at the end of our lesson hahaha he is GOLDEN and I am so excited for him and the example he is setting for his family  HIs daughter Yaretzi, 14 years old, even signed up for a youth conference here!  It's super interesting because she is SUPER catholic.....teaches little kids each week catholic bible study classes...but she has been reading el libro de mormon, going to church with us, and is feeling so much peace in her life!  Golden family.  We also have Jasmine-- the only other blonde found here in Monterrey hahaha- she's listented to the missionaries for about 3 months, goes to church, and really wants to be baptized and change her life around.  She wants to get out of the partying, alcohol scene she is in, and it's awesome because Estefania, a recent convert of the elders, is such a good friend and influence for her.  They are our gurl friends ;) haha.  Estefania is truly helping SO many of our investigadores-- she is an amazing person with an amazing story.  We have a 16 year old Fernanda and her mom that went to church for the first time and loved it-- they are wanting to mend their mother daughter relationship and get closer to God.  We recently found another family that wants to get baptized== SO many interested people coming up out of the water!  Like i mentioned in the past, this area has beena  little "slow moving" these past couple years, but us and the 2 elders here in the ward know that great things are beginning to happen here in America!  I feel like i'm at one of the high points of my mission, just establishing so many friendships here, totally fluid with the language, sweating bullets everyday haha but LIFE IS GREAT.

Church with Estefania, Jasmine, and hermana guillen <3
Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come;  and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.  Yea, I will open the hearts of the people, and they will recieve you.  and I will establish a church by your hand.  DC 31:3,7

Right now we are off to go make "campechanas" with about 20 other missionaries-- the famous monterrey tacos with flour tortillas, steak, a red meat, cheese, salsa-- so tasty.  We have transfers on monday but I will be staying here in America another transfer and might get a new companion!  I will write you all on Monday or Tuesday.
a dear family in my ward
C O N  A M O R
hermana riches


Print Friendly and PDF

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS