june 2014 - december 2015

june 2014 - december 2015

January 15, 2015

Are You Kidding Me???? (Week 31)


So I am proud to announce that I have officially taught the phrase Are you kidding me?  to my compañera.  Being the first gringa compañera she has had, naturally I have to teach her classic english lingo such as Watsup Man, Holy Cow, and Are you Kidding me.  I'd like to share the top 10 Are you Kidding me Moments that happened to us this week:

1.  Presidente now cutting our email time in half :(
2.  Walking in the pouring rain without our umbrellas = looking really good for our lessons
3. Shattering the mirror in our house
4.  Ant - infested food
5.  Wondering why Mexico is so dang cold
6.  Street contacts giving us fake addresses
7.  No one opening their doors to listen to us because it is too cold out
8.  Mi compañera having an allergic reaction
9.  The taxi driver speeding = me spilling hot coco all over me
10.  The taxi driver "not having change" = giving him my 100 pesos for a ride that cost us 20 pesos

hahaha it is safe to say it was not our week...but we had lots of oportunidades to learn, grow, and to be humbled.  In life, we have to face these are you kidding me moments with faith in the Lord, knowing that every experience we have in life is to enhance our progression as children of God, to make us stronger (and maybe to give us something to laugh about afterwards)

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory  2 Corinthians 4:17

On the plus side we had 2 less actives at church on sunday that havn't been to church in about a year!  So I was filled with lots of joy to see them yesterday.  Victor Manuel (18 years old) is set for Baptism in February, and we just keep praying and fasting that he will keep progressing

Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable  Psalm 145:3

Les amo mucho, y espero que tengan una semana maravillosa y exitosa, llena de bendiciones del Señor
coldness and sickness

C O N  A M O R
hermana riches


Print Friendly and PDF

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS