june 2014 - december 2015

june 2014 - december 2015

November 08, 2015

Week 73: Diligencia Hasta El Fin

 all 8 of us in the ward Bosques de San Miguel


Diligence until the end.

I have to say an attribute i have acquired here in the mission is diligence-- i have been enormously blessed to have 6 companions here that work work work.  That's what makes each day go by so fast.  My brain has not turned off these 17 months thinking about every other person's needs!  I have to say my body is beginning to feel and react to how tired i trulyyyy am...haha i gotta keep the adrenaline going these last 4 weeks!!


This morning was my last temple visit with my missionary amigos and the next time i step foot on these temple grounds will be with my parents :)  just trying to contain my excitement....!!!
  with enrique-- mom and dad he will be driving us all around when you get here!!

So i had my 2nd mexican halloween experience, and i gotta say it is not the same.  There's actually quite a lot of controversy here regarding the theme of halloween- many parents here believe it has to do with the devil so they don't let their kids go trick or treating haha.  So us americans try and explain to the church members that at home we have full on halloween parties at the chapel.  Mom-- we totally rocked the light up pumpkin necklaces you sent :)  

We had a health conference this week on how we can avoid sicknesses and stay safe-- but honestly it is such a blessing to be here in Monterrey because it is literally the ONLY city in mexico where you can drink straight tap water and it's totally fine.  I havn't had any health issues my whole mission :)  and you just gotta be selective about which taco stands you go to-- mom and dad..... i am on a no-tortilla diet until you guys come because we will be eating LOTS of food hahah :)

There are so many incredible events coming up my last few weeks here-- i am so excited to tell you all about them!!  I'll give you more deets on monday, but this saturday and sunday we have stake conference so i'll get to see LOTS of old friends!  (i've been in the same stake for 10 months)



It is still super hot here!  But i know the cold will come soon.  I just gotta say that Pres Bird and Hna Bird are awesome- i've come to understand why people have told me... ÿour mission pres and his wife will be second parents to you in mexico" I feel right at home as hna Bird and i bond over how diet coke is the perfect stress reliever and how the taste is so much sweeter here in mexico....and pres meanwhile just laughs and shakes his head and rolls his eyes at us typical california girls haha.  Today after the temple, they took about 10 of us hermanas to Macdonalds to eat breakfast-- i never thought macdonalds pancakes could taste so good!  it was such a blast- me and another american hermana sat on the end with them and they spent about an hour telling us all about their dating stories, their wedding proposal.....meanwhile pres is sitting there boppin his head to Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars that was being played in macdonalds-- claiming it is his favorite song (he literally had to tell me the name of the song #MissionLifeBubble)  So funny.  Presidente is very strict when it comes to missionary obedience, but he has such a great sense of humor.  I know i've said it a million times but mom and dad I can't wait for you to meet them!!!!  they remind me so much of you.
 the apartment complex guard......we're best friends.

As a missionary my 2 favorite chapters in the book of mormon are Alma 26 and Alma 27.  They perfectly express how i have felt serving here in mexico...i invite you all to read them and to try and feel my joy :)


I just want to testify to you all that Christ's atonement, Christ's sacrifice that he paid for us, carries us through when we feel weak and tired and afflicted.Don't give up.  Pray to God for the strength you need.  I have grown to love my Savior and appreciate this grand sacrifice he paid for us as I have served Him and represented Him.  Through these missionary challenges, I have come to know Him and comprehend just an OUNCE of the pain he suffered-- and everything was done out of his infinite love for every one of us.

"now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth.  Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving;  yeah, and I will give thanks unto my God forever.  Amen." Alma 26:37

C O N  A M O R
hermana riches


Print Friendly and PDF

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS